Poet David Whyte speaks of the conversations we have with our work in the world, with our intimate other, and, most importantly, the conversation we have with ourselves.
Like any conversation, the quality of the conversation provides the field in which a relationship ripens and matures. If we speak to ourselves with cruelty, if we are buried in shame, then we will create a relationship that is cruel and shameful.
To catch ourselves in the act of our own self cruelty, to eavesdrop on the inner critic, the nasty person, the ‘I can’t do this, ‘ or I am not good enough/strong enough/smart enough,’ is to begin to journey towards kindness.
If we shut down the conversation, if we contract, keep secrets, close off our heart, then the relationship with whither. It starts by losing the relationship with ourself and extends into the field of losing the relationship with others.
Relationships are living things. The minimum of two it takes to create a relationship then invites the third partner – the relationship itself. And the fabric upon which the relationship is writ is the conversation with each other and with the relationship as its own entity.
If we do not have a place for this third partner – the unique aliveness created by two or more – then our relationships live in the realm of linear transaction.
Depth and dimensionality of relationships are established because we value the dynamic of the relationship itself. This includes all those who comprise the relationship.
We must want, with our whole heart, for the relationship itself to thrive. And as such to attend to it as we would any beloved.
Be it a work, community, family or intimate relationship, the path is the same.
Photo taken August 2nd, 2019
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
A STEWARD TO MAP MAKERS – TO ENTREPRENEURS AND LEADERS WHO ARE WRITING THE NEW MAPS FOR THEIR ENTERPRISE FOR A WORLD WITH A FUTURE
Christine is an internationally recognised facilitator, practitioner, teacher coach, and authority in integrative systems design, human relational design, deep wealth design and regenerative enterprises. She has held large multi-stakeholder initiatives towards a better future or all, managing diversity, complexity and various stages of human development.
As the principal of 2:23AM – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of one million (to start) Syntropic enterprises = enterprises that enable a higher order. By nature they evoke gravity (attraction) and coherence towards an eternally regenerative Universe.
To learn more visit www.223am.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers and Starwalkers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.