Questions for potential business creators
Bucky Fuller called it Obnoxico. The amount of stuff and services we produce that actually add zero or very little value to humanity.
Cheap nasty plastic stuff. Things designed to become obsolete within a year or two. Single use items that then get immediately discarded. Items that break down quickly, or are cheaper to replace than to fix.
Services that are simply a service on top of a service that keeps us in the merry-go-round of waste of time, effort, energy.
Bucky did the math back in the late 70’s…that 80% of human productivity was spent creating obnoxico.
In the thirty years hence it has not improved.
Of course to compound this, when we put a large percentage of the people into jobs creating obnoxico, we are creating Soulless work. It is a vicious circle with only superficial and short term benefits.
If you are going to start a new business..you might ask some simple questions.
- Is this product or service something that will truly add real value to humanity now, and in the future?
- Have you considered the all-in-cycle of this product or service…that all of its parts can be broken down and re-used easily? (Also known as the Circular Economy)
- That when you make this product or service, the all-in-accounting cost, the cost of nature making the raw materials, and the after use cost to humans, earth and the environment, are factored in to the financial model, and that it does actually enable a profit in multiple domains when the entire life cycle is considered?
- That there is genuine purpose and meaning behind what you and your people are doing together?
People want to work on things they care about towards a world with a future. Make better business.
Make Syntropic Enterprise.
Photo taken July 30th, 2019
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
A STEWARD TO MAP MAKERS – TO ENTREPRENEURS AND LEADERS WHO ARE WRITING THE NEW MAPS FOR THEIR ENTERPRISE FOR A WORLD WITH A FUTURE
Christine is an internationally recognised facilitator, practitioner, teacher coach, and authority in integrative systems design, human relational design, deep wealth design and regenerative enterprises. She has held large multi-stakeholder initiatives towards a better future or all, managing diversity, complexity and various stages of human development.
As the principal of 2:23AM – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of one million (to start) Syntropic enterprises = enterprises that enable a higher order. By nature they evoke gravity (attraction) and coherence towards an eternally regenerative Universe.
To learn more visit www.223am.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers and Starwalkers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.