Building new models
“Don’t try and change the existing models. Build new ones that make the existing obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller.
I am stunned that we have a world where the technology I am writing on is obsolete, but the technology for co-ordinating humans to create beautiful, relevant, expressions of their best selves is hardly ever innovated.
We might talk about being agile, lean, exponential. This however is a way of being, rather than new models. It’s like choosing to be a Mac user.
The fundamental computer technology is still the same.
Innovation that is transformational is rare. Innovation in how we create enterprises is even rarer.
Considering everything – from the why we are doing what we are doing, how we measure and why we measure, what are the consequences in the short and long term, how we set up a legal entity, and is this aligned to our purpose, how we create the structure and governance, how we provision – people, money, supplies, to be sure integrity is maintained and our enterprise will contribute to a regenerative future….should be foundational.
Our way of doing enterprise design has hardly changed in hundreds of years.
We know it is not working, because most of us are not brought ALIVE in our work. Most of what we work on is not enabling a world with a vibrant future for ALL. We make a lot of things and spend time doing tasks that do not contribute to humanities future.
And the world is suffering from the human designed models of extraction to extinction, colonisation and exploitation.
New models are required….it might be wise to use the operating principles of Universe as a template. Nature has an advance of a few billion years compared with human models.
It is time to turn 90 degrees and create Syntropic Enterprise as the antidote to the entropic enterprises that are business-as-usual.
To begin, question everything. Then apply laws of Universe to human and enterprise co-ordination.
Photo taken July 18th, 2019
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
A STEWARD TO MAP MAKERS – TO ENTREPRENEURS AND LEADERS WHO ARE WRITING THE NEW MAPS FOR THEIR ENTERPRISE FOR A WORLD WITH A FUTURE
Christine is an internationally recognised facilitator, practitioner, teacher coach, and authority in integrative systems design, human relational design, deep wealth design and regenerative enterprises. She has held large multi-stakeholder initiatives towards a better future or all, managing diversity, complexity and various stages of human development.
As the principal of 2:23AM – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of one million (to start) Syntropic enterprises = enterprises that enable a higher order. By nature they evoke gravity (attraction) and coherence towards an eternally regenerative Universe.
To learn more visit www.223am.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers and Starwalkers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.