What is a Syntropic enterprise?
From Etymology, a Social Enterprise is;
An undertaking devoted to or relating to home life, others, living together with others.
Is this the right name for enterprises committed to a world with a future?
I see many enterprises calling themselves social enterprises when really what they are doing is incremental or translational change.
You might have heard of the second law of thermodynamics, entropy, which is the gradual running down of the energy of Universe.
Entropic enterprise is business-as-usual. Extraction to extinction, exploitation, colonisation. Eventually the ouroboros eats its tail. No amount of money can buy life on a disintegrated planet. When Walmart doesn’t pay its workers enough money to buy its goods, then they have hit an end zone. When Jeff Bezos pays zero tax from $11Billion profit and his factory workers pay more tax in their monthly salary than the entire Amazon company pays, then we have entropy by business design.
What we need from enterprise is transformational change into something better than. And we need this as the complimentary pair to our current business-as-usual entropic model.
I propose instead to elevate a word that I first encountered via Buckminster Fuller.
Entropy has a complimentary phase, which Bucky designated as syntropy.
Syntropy means going to states of higher order.
Syntropic enterprise = an undertaking that enables a higher order. By nature it evokes gravity (attraction) and coherence towards an eternally regenerative Universe.
Photo taken June 25th 2019
Beauty if best when shared. Your friends and colleagues might be delighted to receive a daily Beauty antidote to the current news cycle. They can sign up here
About Dr Christine McDougall
A STEWARD TO MAP MAKERS – TO ENTREPRENEURS AND LEADERS WHO ARE WRITING THE NEW MAPS FOR THEIR ENTERPRISE FOR A WORLD WITH A FUTURE
Christine is an internationally recognised facilitator, practitioner, teacher coach, and authority in integrative systems design, human relational design, deep wealth design and regenerative enterprises. She has held large multi-stakeholder initiatives towards a better future or all, managing diversity, complexity and various stages of human development.
As the principal of 2:23AM – She works with leaders and enterprises globally who have a commitment to being the pioneers of enterprise change. Christine has the ability to completely re-imagine business, its role in our world, and its potential for a future for all humans. She experiences a deeper level of truth than most through applying synergetics (Buckminster Fuller’s anticipatory design science), and has a way of articulating this so others can see it as well. Christine questions the most basic assumptions that drive our complex systems and can map that back to what is needed today. She is committed to the creation of one million (to start) Syntropic enterprises = enterprises that enable a higher order. By nature it evokes gravity (attraction) and coherence towards an eternally regenerative Universe.
To learn more visit www.223am.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 5 ways I can help you steward your enterprise for a world with a future.
1. Purchase the ebook, Speak the Truth for just $10. Our most important work is in human to human relationships. Often the greatest pain of our lives is when these relationships at home and in our work break down. This is a powerful tool that has restored the human connection in many of the most broken relationships. The 7 step process covered in Speak the Truth has been delivered to thousands around the world.
2. Masterclasses – (1) Unplanning Obsolescence, (2) Enterprise Architecture and (4) Syntropic Enterprise Design and Strategy. These three Masterclasses make up a new school of business and enterprise design for a world with a future. For more;
3. Enterprise Architecture Launchpad – a four day intensive experience for enterprise teams of up to twenty to shift towards becoming a Syntropic Enterprise. For more information.
4. The Global Constellation of MapMakers designing enterprise for a world with a future. A community of MapMakers supporting each other on designing Syntropic Enterprise. Read more here.
5. Off-site retreats for Steward leaders in the process of deep change. Be this change personal, at the enterprise level, or both. Rather than a “health retreat/spa” step into a space that enables both self refection and other refection towards the fullest expression of your Pattern Integrity in the world. To apply.
Beauty Of Beginnings
365 days, daily glorious sunrise photo and short contemplation. Subscribe for more beauty in your inbox.